Login

In the land of the blind.....

THE #1 place for this topic

Moderators: mystery, Rion

In the land of the blind.....

Postby camaleon » Thu May 26, 2011 5:27 am

It's not that I'm trying to find One Eye everywhere.
What can I do if the One Eye appears everywhere?

“In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king”

Hey Jonathon do you know that according to muslim's interpretation of the false prophet the Islam emphasise on the fact that he is one-eyed.
Attachments
mascotshome_0.jpg
One-eyed 2012 London's mascots
mascotshome_0.jpg (125.84 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
camaleon

Re: In the land of the blind.....

Postby jonathondd » Thu May 26, 2011 8:35 am

camaleon wrote:
Hey Jonathon do you know that according to muslim's interpretation of the false prophet the Islam emphasise on the fact that he is one-eyed.

Sure but that's according to hadith that I do not find verifiable. I follow only the Quran where there is no absolutely no mention of any one-eyed false prophet.

There's a lot of variation within Muslim believers, I think the one-eyed false prophet idea came from old superstition, as the one-eye superstition has stayed with us today. As a strict follower of Quran I can't accept hadith that were written down hundreds of years after Muhammad's death by someone who wasn't even arabic.

The cyclops and one-eye stories are so old and so ancient it really shouldn't be any surprise its used today in all sorts of different contexts. But again its something I see as completely pointless to dwell on. You can dwell on it if you want, though.
jonathondd

Return to The Social Matrix